Re: usb: gadget: dwc2: not getting audio data

Hi Palak,

On 5/18/23 22:32, PALAK SHAH wrote:
> Hi Minas,
> Please see below how I test - our device name is KX4-101
>
> On HOST machine,
> [palakshah@localhost ~]$ aplay -L
> sysdefault:CARD=KX4101
>      KX4-101, USB Audio
>      Default Audio Device
> iec958:CARD=KX4101,DEV=0
>      KX4-101, USB Audio
>      IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
>
> [palakshah@localhost Downloads]$ aplay -f S16_LE --rate=48000 --device iec958:CARD=KX4101,DEV=0 retro-city-14099.wav
> Playing raw data 'retro-city-14099.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Mono
>
> LINUX DEVICE AS USB GADGET -
> # arecord --rate 48000 -f S16_LE -D plughw:CARD=UAC1Gadget,DEV=0 test.wav
>
> pcm_hw.c - file name - /dev/snd/pcmC0D0c
>
> Recording WAVE 'test.wav' : Unsigned 8 bit, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono
> ^CAborted by signal Interrupt...
>
> arecord: pcm_read:2220: read error: Interrupted system call
> # ls -la
> drwxr-xr-x    1 1001     1001            82 May 18 13:26 .
> drwxr-xr-x    1 1001     1001           322 May  4 10:36 ..
> -rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root             0 Feb 27 14:59 events
> -rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root             0 Feb 27 14:59 fast_ops-
> -rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root             0 Feb 27 14:59 fd
> -rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root             0 Feb 27 14:59 poll_descriptors
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root            44 May 18 13:26 test.wav // only 44 bytes
>
> # vi test.wav
> RIFF$^@^@.WAVEfmt ^P^@^@^@^A^@^A^@@^_^@^@@^_^@^@^A^@^H^@data^@^@^@.
>
> As you can see, I am playing retro-city*.wav file on the HOST. And trying to capture it on the DEVICE.
>
> But the test.wav file only is 44 bytes. If the end point is receiving data and the aplay is playing wav file, then why is the arecord not getting data?
>
> Thanks,
> Palak

Sorry, but this is out of scope of my maintenance/support of core+dwc2.
By fixing request count in function driver we didn't see any more issue
in core+dwc2, which confirmed by latest logs and using testusb. On my
setup aplay/arecord works fine. I can't do anything more for this case.
FYI, next week I'm on vacation.

Thanks,
Minas