Setting LLUCTL force gen1 bit if max speed is SS for Gen2 controller

Hi Team,

If we set maximum speed to "super-speed" for a SSP capable controller, I see device mode working in SS but host mode still works in SSP. From the yaml documentation of max-speed, I see the following:

 maximum-speed:
     Tells USB controllers we want to work up to a certain speed. Incase this isn't passed via DT, USB controllers should default to their maximum HW capability.

Shouldn't this maximum speed get limited to gen1 even for host mode ?

If so, can we set LLUCTL Force_Gen1 bit if (Controller is Gen2 && max_speed = SuperSpeed) somewhere after GCTL core soft reset is done in set_mode ?

The reason being, there were some compliance issues seen with SSP on some of our targets and we wanted to drop down to Gen-1 in our targets, but limiting maximum-speed is affecting only device mode.

Regards,
Krishna,