Re: A videocam works on OHCI and fails on UHCI (fwd)

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009, Alan Stern wrote:

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009, Theodore Kilgore wrote:

Alan,

Thanks. I will try putting a battery in the camera. Indeed, I have been
getting the power over the USB cable. I do not happen to own any USB hub,
neither powered nor unpowered.

Oops, unfortunately the package of batteries on my desk has only one in
it. Only one is needed in these cameras, but when I stick that one in the
camera it starts flashing LO at me. The battery has died of old age, so
this test will need to wait until I can go out shopping for batteries. I
will report about the results when I can.

You can buy a powered hub at the same time.  :-)

If that's not the case, perhaps you could post a pair of usbmon traces
for the same camera, showing how it works with one controller but not
with another.

As to the usbmon output, let me know if what is in my previous message to
Oliver Neukom is sufficient.

Yes, it is.  Assuming that everything coming before the sections you
included was essentially the same in the two tests.

Yes, it was.

Also as to the battery, my previous message says that I found a good battery and it does not help the situation.

Theodore Kilgore