Re: A videocam works on OHCI and fails on UHCI (fwd)

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009, Theodore Kilgore wrote:

> First the log where it fails, done on a Dell C600 Inspiron laptop (I have
> tested on a couple of much newer machines, too, in case you think this one
> is too old, but with no different outcome):

> Now similar lines from the log for the same camera, on a machine where the
> camera is working properly:

The first log shows that the camera was sending packets okay; the
packets were just empty.  So it's not like the camera was failing to
work at all.  The second log was the same as the first except that the
packets were not empty; they contained data.

Indeed, this is suggestive of something like not having enough power.

Alan Stern