Re: Possible usb-core bug when hotpluging cdc-acm device

Am Freitag, 13. November 2009 09:11:26 schrieb Olof Tångrot:
> Hi Oliver.
> Some additional info:
> 1) The fault is repeatable. The test case is also valid for a single
> device. Though i originally used three.
>
> 2) The USB device(s) are always cold booted and executes from flash with
> instruction chache turned on. It is difficult for me to give a speed
> figure but the device CPU, AT91RM9200, is fully capable of running Linux
> itself when executing from SDRAM with the same PLL settings as I use.

That is the really odd part. I would understand it if the devices remained
powered.

> 3) The problem only occurs if I have actually used the device after
> inserted. That is, I can hot-plug the devices many times (< 20 actaully
> tested) in any order and there will never be any problems until I use
> one of them.

Do you physically power down the devices?
Can you test with two hosts? That is does it fail on another host,
when it would fail on the initial host?

	Regards
		Oliver