Re: gadmei UTV 380

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009, Ming-Ching Tiew wrote:

> I am trying to use the gadmei UTV 380 which I bought a little while ago.
>
> I am using kernel 2.6.28.4, I downloaded the entire ~dougsland/em28xx
> and did a make and install. Everything went on smoothly. However, when I plug in the gadmei UTV 380 usb device, it seems the driver can get loaded by the usb pnp, but at the same time, one of my usb pendrive will get disconnected. Because that's my boot drive ( I boot off from the usb drive ), that will cause problem with my system.
>
> I have also tested with the latest kernel 2.6.31.4, this time it's a stock kernel as far as usb and em28xx drivers are concerned, but it also gives the same problem too. And I also confirmed the the same device and the same computer is working with Windows vista ( because I dual boot), that is to rule out the possibility of hardware related problems.
>
> Include please find the dmesg log I obtained for kernel 2.6.28.4. There is similar dmesg for kernel 2.6.31.4.

Code was added to the ehci-hcd driver in 2.6.30 to try to avoid these
sorts of errors, but evidently it's not helping you.

Have you tried attaching one or the other of your devices through a
hub?

A usbmon trace might help pinpoint the cause of the problem, if you can
collect it -- you may have to store the trace on a network file system.

Alan Stern