Re: [patch 1/2] add support for capture (microphone) to g_audio

Hi Robin,

On Tuesday 27 October 2009 18:09:26 Robin Callender wrote:

> This patch set contained what I believe to be significant fixes as well as
> enhancements to the usb audio gadget driver.
> With this patch set the audio driver becomes essentially a usb sound card
> device rather than a usb speaker device as it is now.
> This patch set still does not bring the usb audio driver into a
> well-polished state, but it does correct and add basic functionality upon
> which future work can be built.
>
> I am unsure what you mean by "What happened to 2/2 patch?".
> Below is a ref to on of the linux-usb reflectors and I see the complete
> patch set there.
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&w=2&r=2&s=audio&q=b
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=125330535613235&w=2
>
> I would also suggest Laurent Pinchart  review this patch also as it
> builds-on and fixes a problem there.

I've reviewed your patch and sent comments on the mailing list.

> The problem is that the composite layer didn't route the endpoint request
>  to the functional layer.
> This patch include a possible solution for that problem.
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=125607626100751&w=2

As explained in my e-mail commenting your patch, this one has already been
applied by Greg to his tree. As your patches include a different way to solve
the same problem, you should rebase them on top of Greg's tree and resubmit
them.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart