Does kernel version - 2.6.31.5 supports the xHCI functionality?

Dear All,

We have a xHCI host controller and we want to test the same in the
Linux kernel. Currently, we are working on 2.6.30 kernel version and
as we know, this kernel does not include the xHCI host controller
drivers in it. So, I have down loaded a new kernel version (2.6.31.5)
and seen that xHCI drivers is in driver/usb/host folder. The core does
include the xHCI functionality in this 2.6.31.5 kernel version. If
this is the case, shall I use the 2.6.31.5 kernel directly for testing
our xHCI host controller, which happens to be from Fresco.

OR

Shall I follow the following link (suggested by Sarah Sharp) for
working with the xHCI host controller.
http://sarah.thesharps.us/2009-06-09-13-30

Please suggest.

With Regards,