Re: usb 1-3: Product: BBC micro:bit CMSIS-DAP not recognised

On Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 11:51:48PM +0000, dima.pasechnik@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 03:50:26PM +0100, Greg KH wrote:

> > > Please see attached; I also attached the output for an older version of
> > > this board (V1). The one we talk about is V2. Both versions have the
> > > same VID, and, weirdly, the same PID (internally they aren't binary
> > > compatible, even)
> >
> > That's horrible, someone should talk to the vendor here and get them to
> > at least bump the device id.
>
> The vendor is ARM (https://www.arm.com/) - I guess Linux Foundation is a good "someone"
> to talk to the vendor in this case.

I do not understand here, are you asking me to talk to someone?  If so,
great, who?  If not, who are you asking?

> Can PID be bumped up by a firmware update?

Depends on how the hardware was designed.  Most can, some can not.  Is
the hardware design and firmware source available anywhere?

thanks,

greg k-h