Re: usb 1-3: Product: BBC micro:bit CMSIS-DAP not recognised

On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 01:08:59PM +0000, dima.pasechnik@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2022 at 06:36:47PM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
> >
> > It might help if you post the output of "lsusb -v" for this device.
> Please see attached; I also attached the output for an older version of
> this board (V1). The one we talk about is V2. Both versions have the
> same VID, and, weirdly, the same PID (internally they aren't binary
> compatible, even)

That's horrible, someone should talk to the vendor here and get them to
at least bump the device id.

Anyway, I don't see a "serial" device here, just use the cdc-acm driver
and all should be ok, right?  Is there any missing functionality that
you feel is required that only the usb-serial api can provide?

thanks,

greg k-h