Re: usb 1-3: Product: BBC micro:bit CMSIS-DAP not recognised

A bit off to the side from the main point of this thread, but...

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 10:32:09AM +0000, Dima Pasechnik wrote:

> On 20 December 2022 19:57:05 WET, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> USB Interfaces: MSD, CDC, HID, WebUSB
> >
> >Which agrees with the information on the web site.  I have no idea what
> >WebUSB is supposed to be.
>
> WebUSB is a JavaScript API, supported by Chromium -derived browsers (Firefox not there yet)
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebUSB

The Wikipedia article agrees with you that WebUSB is a JavaScript API.
As such, it is used for communication between web browsers and
JavaScript programs.  Not for communication between programs and USB
devices.  So I don't understand why a USB device needs to be concerned
about it.

Alan Stern