Re: Convert remaining HCDs to uses_new_polling

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, Yoshihiro Shimoda wrote:

> > Does the driver work with your additional patch and without
> > uses_new_polling?  If it does, then you should submit your patch to
> > Greg right away, and I'll submit my patch after yours is accepted.
>
> No, it doesn't. The driver cannot detect full/low speed device when without
> uses_new_polling. However it can detect high speed device.
> What should I do?

You have to find out why it isn't working.  Use usbmon, and maybe add
printk statements to the driver so you can tell what routines are
getting called.

A good place to start is the interrupt handler routine.  Each time it
runs have it print out the important register values.  Then you'll be
able to tell what the difference is between a high-speed device and a
full/low-speed device.

Another good place to check is the hub_status_data routine.  But be
careful, because that routine can get polled four times per second.

Alan Stern