Auto-eject for devices with built-in cdrom-mode for Windows driver

Hi,

I'm currently playing around with a USB-Wlan-stick (AVM Fritz!WLAN USB
N) and the ath/ar9179usb-module (works great).
This device has a built-in cdrom-mode:
When the stick is plugged in, it appears as read-only
USB-mass-storage-device (SCSI-CDROM, iso9660) containing Windows driver
files.
After about 2 minutes, the firmware times-out, disconnects the device,
changes its USB-product-id (057c:84ff => 057c:8401) and appears again as
WLAN-device.

This means, that the device is not usable during the first 2 minutes !
Of course we don't need the Windows-driver, so the CDROM-device should
be ejected immediately to make the WLAN-device available.

I can think of multiple solutions for this, my first questions are:
Is there already a common solution for these devices in the kernel ?
How widespread is this bad habit of device-design ? So far, the only
devices I know are

057c:62ff    (AVM Fritz!WLAN USB in CDROM-mode)
057c:5601    AVM Fritz!WLAN USB
057c:6201    AVM Fritz!WLAN USB 1.1

057c:84ff    (AVM Fritz!WLAN USB N in CDROM-mode)
057c:8401    AVM Fritz!WLAN USB N
057c:8402    AVM Fritz!WLAN USB N 2.4

A friend told me that he had seen some UMTS-sticks behaving like this,
too...

Frank