Re: unable to get the debug messages from usb core files

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Alan,

Thanks for the right information.

> Of course it already exists.  You couldn't boot without it.  But you
> need to create a new version, one that will include the debugging code.
> Otherwise when you boot, the kernel will load the old driver from the
> old initrd file -- and the old driver doesn't have debugging enabled.

I have created a new initrd file with a new name and added a new entry
in the /boot/grub/menu.lst file. Then, I booted from this newly added
entry and got the debug messages.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

> Alternatively, you could rmmod usbcore after the system is running and
> then modprobe the new version.  To do that, you will first have to
> unload ehci-hcd, uhci-hcd, and ohci-hcd (maybe some other drivers as
> well) and unmount /proc/bus/usb.

I guess this is not possible as usbhid is depends on the usbcore
module. If we unload the usbhid module then we can not unload and load
the usbcore module as the keyboard and mouse will not work at all. I
tried this yesterday, but I did not unload and load the usbcore module
as either keyboard or mouse was not worked at all.

Is there any way to getridof this issue?

Anyway, thaks for your help and suggestions, always.

With warm Regards,
Madhavi M