RE: handling MAC set by user space in reset_resume() of r8152

Oliver Neukum <oneukum@xxxxxxxx>
[...]
> OK, thank you. Do you agree that a manually set MAC needs to be kept
> even through a pre/post_reset() and reset_resume(), while a MAC passed
> through needs to be reevaluated at pre/post_reset() but not at
> reset_resume()

Yes. I think a user wishes to keep it.

> > Besides, I don't understand why you set tp->external_mac = false
> > in rtl8152_down().
>
> Frankly I need to undo the effect of ndo_set_mac_address()
> at some time, but it is unclear to me how to return a network
> interface to its "native" MAC.
> Any ideas?

I am not sure. Is it necessary?
If I change the MAC address, I don't hope it is recovered unexpectedly
unless the system is rebooted or shutdown.

Best Regards,
Hayes