Re: serial: usb: cdc-acm: OMRON B5L ToF, device probe failed

On 23/6/2022 4:44 pm, Chris Ruehl wrote:

On 23/6/2022 4:28 pm, Oliver Neukum wrote:

On 23.06.22 04:26, Chris Ruehl wrote:

Hi,

thanks for that patch, I can confirm it works for me. I have the ToF up
and running at B921600 8N1.
But I would wait, not apply to the kernel, because I noticed that the
team from OMRON is working
on the CDC implantation.
So this patch is only a workaround for the moment.

if you absolutely want it to be driven from CDC-ACM, try this
new attached patch.
In your original patch you used NO_UNION_NORMAL. That will allow
a device to work without a union descriptor but with the normal
two interfaces. This devices has what in terms of ACM is a collapsed
interface without a union descriptor.
The driver provides for that but then it checks for the exact
number of required endpoints, which is three. Your device has
four endpoints.
The patch ignores a fourth endpoint.

    Regards
        Oliver

Oliver,

I give this patch a try and report how it works.

Thanks
Chris

Apply the patch ,
still no /dev/ttyACM0 comes up.