[RFC] GadgetFS as a composite function

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask about GadgetFS and how it could work with
composite framework.  In particular, I would like to investigate
if it's possible to convert a GadgetFS to an USB composite function
(lets call it FunctionFS) so that it can be used with other
functions.

If FunctionFS was create all of the user-space deamons that
worked with GadgetFS could now be used with other composite
functions like CDC "family" or Mass Storage.

From what I understand GadgetFS does not report back to host until
endpoints configuration have been specified by the user-space
deamon via provided file system.  This won't work well with
FunctionFS since composite would like to bind all the functions
immediately.

So, am I correct or am I missing something.  Also, is there some
good way around it?

I think the only way would be to let FunctionFS control where
composite is registered and thus when the functions' bind
callbacks are called.  Also, when user-space deamon dies,
gadget would get unregistered and thus all functions unbound.

Does anyone have a better idea?  And does converting GadgetFS
into FunctionFS have any sense at all?

--
Best regards,                                           _     _
 .o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of       o' \,=./ `o