Re: Help with usb gadget api to make linux pc emulate keyboard and mouse

Hi,

 Ken> So, can someone recommend a starting point for the "upper layer" code?
 Ken> Is there is simple implementation for a different purpose that I might
 Ken> use as shell for my code. For the peripheral controller portion, there
 Ken> seems to be much completed, stable work, so getting the hardware
 Ken> interface appears OK.

 Ken> Maybe I've got enough to get started, but any other comments or code
 Ken> would be helpful. I do see this kind of question has been asked before
 Ken> on this mailing list. I would imagine someone has an HID peripheral
 Ken> implementation started.

I did a quick little proof of concept hid keyboard emulation using
gadgetfs a few days ago. It's very raw, but enough to show me that it is
feasible.

For development, I would very much recommend you to use gadgetfs and
dummy_hcd, that way you can do most of the development without
hardware. I will probably move the final implementation to kernel space
so I can use the composite stuff to run g_serial at the same time, but
for now gadgetfs is fine.

For details, look at the HID class specification on usb.org. It's quite
simple (from the device side atleast).

Anyway, you can get my hacked up code (based on the gadgetfs example
from http://www.linux-usb.org/gadget/) at:

http://git.korsgaard.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=hid-gadget (gitweb)

or git clone http://git.korsgaard.com/git/hid-gadget/

--