Re: Thunderbolt: One missing DisplayPort?

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 10:33:06AM +0200, Tomasz Moń wrote:
> On Sun, 2022-05-29 at 21:51 +0200, Stefan Hoffmeister wrote:
> > I have managed to wedge the system into a state where it does not
> > know about Thunderbolt, and now, on what I presume to be USB-C only
> > ("usb_typec_revision" == 1.2? Seems ... low?), both DisplayPort
> > outputs on the docking station are now active, and I do get
> > meaningful entries from the DRM subsystem (and hence X). I am half-
> > way happy: I want exactly that over Thunderbolt for the bandwidth ;)
>
> Could you please tell how did you wedge the system into a state where
> it does not know about Thunderbolt?
>
> > Now, when I unwedge the system to enable Thunderbolt again
>
> I am curious about the wedge/unwedge procedure.

Probably just connecting the dock using non-Thunderbolt Type-C cable.
That will enter USB (+DP altmode) or so instead of Thunderbolt altmode.

@Stefan,

Can you paste contents of
/sys/kernel/debug/thunderbolt/0-0/port5/regs and port6/regs here?
Once you have conneted the dock with Thunderbolt cable. That should show
if the both DP IN adapters are connected and hence if both DP tunnels
are up. I'm guessing they are but better to check.