Re: Wake from Thunderbolt dock doesn't work

On Fri, 2022-04-22 at 18:05 +0300, Mika Westerberg wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 03:54:16PM +0200, Tomasz Moń wrote:
> > On Fri, 2022-04-22 at 09:30 +0300, Mika Westerberg wrote:
> > > If that's the case then you should be getting same kind of "support"
> > > by passing "thunderbolt.start_icm=1" in the kernel command line.
> >
> > Passing "thunderbolt.start_icm=1" in the kernel command line made
> > things worse. The system does not wake from suspend at all. It does not
> > wake from USB keyboard connected directly to the host. And it does not
> > wake after opening the lid nor after pressing power button (Touch ID).
> >
> > The only way to get system back running seemed to be pressing and
> > holding power button long enough until the Apple bootloader starts.
>
> OK. The start_icm=1 starts the connection manager firmware which is one
> thing that Windows relies too. However, all the PM stuff is still not
> there unfortunately.

Is the connection manager firmware interface (from Linux perspective)
implementation specific or is it standarized?

> > > That should do the same than what the boot camp does and start the TBT firmware connection manager.
> >
> > I have no idea what boot camp does on the low level, but atleast
> > Windows can wakeup successfully.
>
> please try the same in Linux if that's possible. Running Linux natively
> will likely have issues because all the non-standard stuff in those
> systems.

What do you mean by trying the same in Linux? I would like to, but I
simply don't know how.

Using "thunderbolt.start_icm=1" results in Linux being unable to wakeup
at all.