Re: Apogee ONEv2 keeps resetting

On Sat, Apr 02, 2022 at 06:18:26AM +0200, Petr Janecek wrote:
>   I've compared traces in linux to macos and windows, and
> the only thing linux does that the others don't is something
> like
>
> usb_get_string(dev, 0, 0xee, &buf, 1024)
>
> like it's getting the microsoft os descriptor.

Exactly so.

>   And the apogee does not like it: it's the only get
> descriptor string request with empty string response.  When
> the request is made the second time, it's the last request
> before reset.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything, of course.

>   This oddball request happens even with snd-usb-audio
> disabled.  And I'm totally unable to find where it comes
> from, I have not enabled anything like USB_GADGET.
> How to get rid of it?

It might not come from a kernel driver at all; it might come from a user
program via usbfs.  Try turning on usbfs snooping before you plug in the
device:

	echo 1 >/sys/module/usbcore/parameters/usbfs_snoop

and see what shows up in the kernel log.

Alan Stern