Re: bug report: Olympus MAUSB-200 card reader and 1GB Type H xD-Picture Card

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, Eric Ding wrote:

> I'm using the mainline 2.6.31 kernel with an Olympus MAUSB-200 USB xD-Picture
> Card reader and my Olympus 1GB Type H xD-Picture Card, and have had consistent
> problems trying to access and use the card on my Linux system.  This card
> (reader) works perfectly fine with my Fujifilm F20 digicam and on my Windows XP
> system, but on my Linux system, the usb-storage driver seems to have problems
> even getting partition information for it.
>
> For ease of testing, I'm currently running Linux as a guest OS inside VirtualBox
> 3.0.6, with Windows XP SP2 as my host operating system.  I'm using the EHCI host
> controller of VirtualBox, but this problem has also occurred on my desktop
> server running Ubuntu 8.04 and running directly on my Thinkpad R61 with a Linux
> Mint 7 LiveCD.  Turning off EHCI in VirtualBox has not helped; adding the
> FIX_CAPACITY option to usb-storage (as a shot in the dark) hasn't helped either.
>
> I'm certain that the card itself is working fine, since it works fine with my
> camera and with my XP system.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this
> card (reader) working on Linux?
>
> I've included the output of lsusb -v and output from dmesg below.

There isn't enough information in the log to tell what's wrong.  We
need to see a usbmon trace showing what happens when you plug the card
reader in.  For instructions, see the kernel source file
Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt.

Alan Stern