RE: [rft]aggressive autosuspend for cdc-ether

Hi Oliver,
first of all: thank you and the team for your brilliant contribution to
the Linux kernel.

I have been playing with your cdc-ether patch for autosuspend. This is
mostly working however I have experienced some issues especially when
autosuspend is enabled before the cdc-ether virtual cable is connected.
In that case, the host usually fails to get an IP address from the DHCP
server. Sometimes it works, most of the times it doesn't. I have not yet
managed to understand what makes it fail/succeed.

I collected wireshark logs a few of the failing cases and it turns out
that the host does not send any DHCP_Discovery packets over the
cdc-ether interface. There are no obvious errors in the kernel logs.

Am I using your patch beyond its intended use, or doing anything wrong?

Thanks,
Greg.