From: Oliver Neukum [mailto:oliver@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 11 August 2009 13:40
To: Nicolas Chevillot
Cc: David Brownell; linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Carl Nordbeck
Subject: Re: [rft]aggressive autosuspend for cdc-ether

Am Dienstag, 11. August 2009 11:43:40 schrieb Nicolas Chevillot:
> Oliver,
>
> In the glorious tradition of completely untested patches, I can say
this
> shows very encouraging results !

Good to hear.

> I applied the provided patch on Kernel v2.6.28.

Could you also test a current kernel?

> I get autosuspend quite a lot of time and resume is working fine.
> Haven't seen any deadlock for the moment. We will stress it a little
bit
> using automatic scripts and see what we can get out of it.
>
> Would you like me to send you some logs/reports or do some more tests?

I'd like to see two tests if you can do them
1 - check what happens if you suspend/hibernate the whole system
Does autosuspend cope with that?
2 - does it correctly deal with device parameters, eg. change of IP,
duplex vs. simplex, link speed etc...

> That would be very interesting to have such a feature in future
kernels.

Which drivers do you want it for?
If this patch turns out well, I'll extend it to cdc-eem and maybe rndis.
Beyond that I am open to suggestions.

	Regards
		Oliver

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s)
named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should
not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not a
named recipient, please contact the sender by telephone (+44-1454-284800)
and destroy the original message.
Any statement and/or opinion not related to this company's business and
expressed in this message is that of the author and does not necessarily
reflect those of Icera. This company does not take any responsibility
for the views of the author in any matter not related to the
company's objective.