Re: Question about multiple scatter-gathers

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009, aditya uttam wrote:

> > This looks okay to me.  Have you tried using usbmon to find out what's
> > really going on?
>
> No. I didn't verified using usbmon. I don't have any specific
> application to analyze the output binary file. Could you please
> suggest one ?

What output binary file do you mean?  The usbmon output is plain text.

> When my driver receives read and write command simultaneously and if
> the read process completes first, then write is not getting completed.
> The write thread is waiting in usb_sg_wait() continuously and I am
> getting timeout.
>
> Here I am  attaching the usbmon log file. I am using 2.6.30 kernel.

The usbmon log does not show any timeouts.  But it does show a bunch of
peculiar things.

Is this supposed to follow Rev. 2 of the UAS protocol?  If it is, then
it contains a lot of mistakes.  For example, the Tag and Length fields
are little-endian instead of big-endian, the Length value is too small,
and the CDB starts in byte 22 instead of byte 16.

Even if this does not follow the UAS protocol, it still looks wrong.
Your commands contain only 9 bytes of CDB data instead of 10.  Maybe if
you fix these things the writes will start working.

Alan Stern