Re: USB flash drive broken just for linux

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Alan Stern<stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, Daniel Eckl wrote:
>
>> Awesome analyzing I have to say! Thank you very much Sergey you really did it!
>>
>> Increasing the timeout did solve the problem. With the higher timeout
>> the device responded after 7 seconds :)
>>
>> Under Windows I didn't recognise the longer time to detection, but I
>> think that 5 sec timeout is VERY short. Without watching exactly this
>> detail I would not be able to notice the difference between 5 or 7
>> seconds.
>>
>> After all I needed to crawl below my desk to plug it into the windows
>> machine, causing an additional user delay to reach the monitor again
>> ;))
>
> Good work, Sergey.  Would you like to submit a patch increasing the
> default INQUIRY timeout to 20 seconds?  I think that's what Windows
> uses.
>
> Alan Stern

Hi all,

I just tried my problem corsair flash drive again, and in ubuntu gutsy
(2.6.28.15) this parameter has not been changed. I don't have any way
to submit a patch, but could someone change the default
scsi_mod/parameters/inq_timeout to 20?

It is August, maybe someone has changed this in the latest kernel
2.6.30+, if so ignore this complaint.

Regards, Steve