Re: Authorization for Thunderbolt device is forgotten after each reboot

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 06, 2021 at 08:59:09PM +0200, Andrea Stedile wrote:
>    Hi Mika,
>    Thanks a lot for answering.
>    I would like to try it out, but I've never compiled a driver before.
>    Could you perhaps send me a guide or some instructions? I have
>    downloaded the git repository you sent [1], but I don't know what to do
>    next. Moreover, how can I revert the change after I have concluded the
>    test?

The fix is now in v5.14-rc5 mainline kernel too so you don't need to do
the revert. Probably lands in stable kernels pretty soon and ends up in
your distro kernel within few weeks.

If you don't want to wait there is some documentation how to build your
own kernel here:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/index.html

In a nutshell it is something like:

  $ make localmodconfig
  $ make nconfig # if you need to tune the config
  $ make -jMANY
  $ sudo make modules_install
  $ sudo make install