Re: Authorization for Thunderbolt device is forgotten after each reboot

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 04, 2021 at 02:46:30PM +0200, Andrea Stedile wrote:
>    [The previous email wasn't delivered to everyone because it exceeded
>    size limits due to a video attachment, therefore I am resending it with
>    a streamable link instead]
>    Hello,
>    I am Andrea Stedile, a computer science student from Italy. I would
>    like to report a problem which I suspect is attributable to some recent
>    changes in the Thunderbolt driver. I am using Fedora 34 with Gnome 40.
>    I have already reported the problem to the distribution's Bugzilla [1].
>    The problem is as follows:
>    I have a Thunderbolt monitor [2] connected to my laptop. The
>    Thunderbolt monitor has an integrated USB dock, to which I attach my
>    mouse and keyboard dongles. With kernel 5.12.17-300 and before, I used
>    to boot up and the mouse and keyboard were functional.
>    After upgrading to kernel 5.13.4-200, at every boot, the mouse and
>    keyboard are not functional. I see in the GNOME settings that I have to
>    explicitly authorize the monitor with a button saying "Authorize and
>    Connect". Even though I do so, after rebooting, this setting is
>    "forgotten" and I have to tweak the setting again in order to make the
>    mouse and keyboard functional.

There was regression in v5.13 and it was fixed with following revert:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb.git/commit/?h=usb-linus&id=8e3341257e3b5774ec8cd3ef1ba0c0d3fada322b

This will go to mainline soon and then to stable trees. Can you try if
it fixes your issue too?