RE: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1143 USB 3.1 Host Controller causing random full speed USB resets

What I find odd is that the switch works fine on my pop os linux
installation on my laptop.

I've already tried connecting it to a different usb port on the same
computer. Without luck...

How would I go about making the usbhid driver ignore the mouse issues?

When I unplug the mouse from the switch, and have only the keyboard
connected, it still randomly disconnects.

The thing is: this linux system used to live as an ssd in my laptop.
But I've literally unplugged it from my onboard laptop and plugged it
into my pc to see if I could boot from it.
Which worked.

So perhaps there is something in the kernel or in the linux distro
misconfigured to work with laptops exclusively?
And is therefore causing the issues?

Are there any laptop specific kernel modules or services/binaries that
can cause power management or signal issues?