RE: patch "USB: serial: cp210x: add support for GPIOs on CP2108" added to usb-next

Dear Johan.

>Yes, you should be able to apply this patch to older kernels without many additional changes, but you should still mention which kernel you're using >since backporting may not always work as expected.

Yes. Thank you for remaining me.

>Good.
>Very odd.
>Were you using the very same device in both tests? And did you try with the older kernel before the new one? Perhaps the new settings had not yet >taken effect otherwise?

Both test I use same device and same kernel version 5.8.0-59-generic.
May be in the wrong test, the device that have been configuring and the driver may not load new setting from device, I think the wrong may come from device. Just some plug and unplug problem.

>> The log written is:
>> [ 3599.781531] cp210x 2-2.1:1.0: cp2108_gpio_init - 03 00 00 00

>Thanks for confirming. So everything appears to work as expected, and you should have seen the expected -EINVAL unless the device actually did return >all-zero here for some reason.

Yes, now it return -EINVAL ("Invalid argument"). As expected.

Thank you.