RE: patch "USB: serial: cp210x: add support for GPIOs on CP2108" added to usb-next

Dear Johan.

>Please make sure to CC the usb list when reporting problems. I've added it to CC now.

Yes, I will remember to do this next time.

>Are you sure you're using the latest mainline kernel here, that is,
>5.13 here?
>With recent kernel's you would not see -ENODEV ("No such device") but rather -EINVAL ("Invalid argument").
>What does "uname -a" say?

I use the kernel 5.8.0-59-generic, I think either result ("No such device") or  ("Invalid argument") may be accepted in this case.

>And which version of the patch are you applying? Are you sure it's the latest?

I apply patch V13 from last mail that you send.

>> But when I test the branch of Mr Gregkh.
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb.git/tree/dr
>> ivers/usb/serial/cp210x.c?h=usb-testing
>> root@ubuntu:/sys/class/gpio# echo 496 > /sys/class/gpio/export
>> root@ubuntu:/sys/class/gpio# echo 497 > /sys/class/gpio/export That
>> mean it still use GPIO 0 and GPIO 1 as GPIO functions.

>It does seem that way, but to be sure, do the

>       /sys/class/gpio/gpio496
>      /sys/class/gpio/gpio497

>directories show up as well?

Today I retest it and it seem everything is ok. May be previous test I have some loading driver problem. The result is as below:

echo 496 > /sys/class/gpio/export
-bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument
echo 497 > /sys/class/gpio/export
-bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument
tung@ubuntu:~$ /sys/class/gpio/gpio496
bash: /sys/class/gpio/gpio496: No such file or directory

>I just did a quick test using the code in the usb-next (testing) branch and it seems to work as expected when hard-coding alternate functions for some of >the pins in the driver.

>I did not actually reprogram the device so perhaps something is broken with regards to reading the port configuration. But then you should see the >problem if you apply the patch to an earlier kernel as well.

>Can you apply the below patch on top of Greg's usb-next (or usb-testing) branch and send me the logs from when connecting the device?

The log written is:
[ 3599.781531] cp210x 2-2.1:1.0: cp2108_gpio_init - 03 00 00 00
Anyway both drivers are now working ok.
Thank you.