Re: ehci: qh->xacterrs not initialized (Was: Kernel lockup when unplugging device from hub)

Hi Alan,

I've tried a clean kernel (without your patch), which shows the same problem.
So it seems it's not caused by your patch. I also added some debug statements
to see what is happening. It seems that the xacterrs value is never initalized
for this particular qh, which voids my theory about rapidly decreasing
xacterrs without any messages printed.

I've made a log of just inserting the hub, using 2.6.31-rc4 with your patch
and [1] applied. The resulting kernel output is at [2].

I had a look at the kernel sources, but I really don't know enough about USB
and the ehci driver to follow the code paths (or rather, know how they should
be). So I hope you can make a decent guess from this log.

Gr.

Matthijs

[1]: http://www.stdout.nl/ehci-debug/ehci-debug.patch.txt
[2]: http://www.stdout.nl/ehci-debug/hub-connect.txt