RE: Question on clear_tt_buffer for not TDI but with built-in TT

Hi, Alan,

> > I checked and found that in Xilinx's Host controller case, the time
that
> > the TT is enabled is because a FS device is directly connected. The
TT
> > therefore knows the HS control transfer, HUB_CLEAR_TT_BUFFER, must
be
> > for the TT itself. All traffic to downstream would be split
transfers,
> > since the host controller is directly connected to a FS device. So,
the
> > device address for the HS control transfer of HUB_CLEAR_TT_BUFFER is
not
> > critical for the control message to reach the TT. The port address
is
> > useful to find which port's TT. However, Xilinx's EHCI host
controller
> > only has one port.
>
> What about in the future when there are host controllers with more
than
> one port?  What if one of the ports is connected to a high-speed hub
> and the other port is connected directly to a full-speed device?  Then
> how will the TT know whether the Clear-TT-Buffer is meant for itself
or
> for the other hub?

Then port address can differentiate different port. And, for the port
that is connected to a HS hub, the TT for that port is not enabled. TT
is only enabled if a directly connected device is FS.

> > I do think this is not a pretty solution. I think we will hold this
and
> > wait for a solution in Linux, and will adjust our hardware to that
(we
> > are taking the advantage of FPGA).
>
> Okay.  You could do the same thing that Freescale did.  Then the same
> code in ehci-hcd would work for both types of controller.

How does Freescal do it? From the code, does not seem to have anything
special for TT.

Thanks,
Julie.