Re: usb-serial FTDI timing issues

> Reading into the WINE sources I have actually added the RXCLEAR, as
> tcflush(fd, TCIFLUSH); but still no luck. I have also experimented with
> FNDELAY to do everything manually so far no luck.

There are certainly things wrong (where 'wrong' means behaviour
differences) with the wine serial emulation at some level. I've seen the
same (with both USB and non USB ports) running CT programmer.

> What can we do to debug this on a more fundamental level? Is there
> anything that can be measured or investigated to make Linux more like
> Windows? Serial wise that is ;)

One possibility is that the device needs all the messages exactly aligned
into USB packets and the 'serial' is really a bit of an illusion. Another
would be some kind of missing synchronization properties on stuff like
mode changes/delays.

Writing the driver in user space using libusb (and unloading the serial
driver) might help verify that.

Quite a few USB serial drivers don't implement all the 'wait for data to
clear' type interfaces (tcdrain() for one) as well.

Alan