Re: USB mouse receiver doesn't work on downstream port

Am Samstag, 18. Juli 2009 09:46:44 schrieb Adam:
> On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 07:18:10AM +0200, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 18. Juli 2009 06:59:14 schrieb Adam:
> > > The usb mouse reciever doesn't work when I connected it to a downstream
> > > port. But it works on upstream ports. And I found reciever is not
> > > reccognized on downstream because no device of this reciever in outputs
> > > of lsusb. Is there any method to get it work on downstream ports? I
> > > need your help.
> >
> > Is the hub bus powered? Please post lsusb -v. It is impossible to tell
> > what went wrong based just on lsusb.
>
> I think the hub bus could be powered on because another normal cord
> mouse works fine on the same port. Here comes lsusb -v output when I
> connect the reciever to a downstream port.

OK, now this is better. Your hub consumes 64mA. It is entitled to a maximum
of 100mA, so this is not a problem. Any device may draw up to 100mA on
this hub's port. Nevertheless any device should still be visible and remain
unconfigured, even if it needs more to work.
>From experience it is true that bus powered hubs are likelier to be flaky.
But it still should work and perhaps we find the cause. But we need "dmesg"
and "lsusb -v" of the working mouse.

	Regards
		Oliver