Enabling Device DWC3 Device Mode

I've a RK3399 based board (RockPro64) and am unable to find any useful information on how to ensure the USB controller is set up for device/gadget operation.

The base armbian (Ubuntu Focal based distribution) kernel did not have dwc2/dwc3 modules compiled. I compiled the modules for kernel ~5.7 after ensuring that dual role mode was supported along with gadget configfs and am able to modprobe them, but I see no devices populate in /sys/class/udc and no dmesg errors.

I should be able to target any kernel version, but I am concerned that there may be missing device tree information but am unsure how to check that. Most people seem uninterested in using the device mode on this hardware, but it was 1 of 2 boards, based on the same part, that I found claiming to support device mode USB3.

Cheers!