Re: gadgetfs isn't sending interrupt messages

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009, Adam Nielsen wrote:

> > Sorry, I still don't see it.  I'll have to do some testing of my own.
> > BTW, which kernel version are you using?  (Sorry if you already
> > mentioned it; I don't have the old emails handy at the moment.)
>
> I'm running 2.6.30 right now.  My (rather messy) gadgetfs code is
> available from http://www.shikadi.net/files/odin-gadgetfs.tar.bz2 - I
> did want to wait until I could post Linux client code as well, but this
> code will be enough to illustrate the bcdDevice issue, one way or the other.

Okay, I think I found the trouble (without even looking at your source
code!).  The problem is not in gadgetfs; it is in your program.  Have
you searched your code for occurrences of "bcdDevice"?  I bet you'll
find that the value gets changed, probably in the autoconfig() routine.

> If you wish to test further, the closed-source app that talks to the USB
> device can be downloaded from the manufacturer:
> http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Components/Utility_DownloadFile.aspx?FileType=Utility&FileID=77
>
> If you do try this out, once the device has been detected by Windows and
> initialised, double-clicking on the Gigabyte app will result in a single
> Control message being sent, and the gadgetfs program will attempt to
> reply with an interrupt message, which for me at least, won't show up in
> any capture logs.

Before you said the missing interrupt transfers were going from the
host to the gadget.  Now you say they're supposed to be going from the
gadget to the host.  This suggests you have a bug in your gadget
driver, like you're trying to write to the wrong endpoint or the
endpoint is configured for the wrong direction.

Alan Stern