Re: Wireshark for capturing USB packets

> Does anyone used "WireShark" to capture usb packets other than usb0
> (usb as a network device).

Yes, recent versions (including a recent libpcap) list each USB bus as an
additional capture device, along with your network interfaces.

> I seen in Wireshark's help document some pointers to USB mass storage,
> but didn't gone any further.

Wireshark currently seems to have a dissector for the USB mass storage
protocol, but most other protocols are fairly raw, so at the moment the output
is much the same as usbmon.

> Is there any other tool to capture USB packets other than usbmon or on
> top of usbmon for linux?

I think Wireshark will work very well once there are some more USB dissectors
available to translate more protocols into human-readable data.

Cheers,
Adam.