Re: your mail

Hi Jakub,

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 04:40:05PM +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 3:29 PM Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 5/11/20 1:44 PM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:

> > > I would rather disable them and issue a firmware bug.
> > > Vendors, including us, should do something sane about this.
> >
> > I have to partially disagree here. I agree that for future hardware
> > versions the firmware team of those devices should offer a saner
> > interface. But for the current hardware gen I guess we are stuck
> > with this and having a DMI table for popular models (well any model
> > a Linux user is willing to submit a quirk for) is better then simply
> > not having things working under Linux.
> >
> > I do wonder what Windows does here though. Perhaps the INT3513 device
> > has some ACPI methods to query for more info, like how many Type-C
> > controllers there actually are?
>
> I think they do silly things there in usual obscure MS way, i.e.
> hardcoding everything in the driver per platform.
> That's why I'm really disappointed how things are going on.

I've been trying to figure out which exact NUC10i3 your NUC is? I
can't find a NUC10i3 that uses Comet Lake -S?

If your NUC isn't actually "-S" variant, then the ACPI device entry
with HID INT3515 should return 0 from its _STA method.

But can you please share the full name of your board (like NUC10i3FNH
or something like that - should read on the bottom of the device).
Also, dmesg output would be useful.

thanks,

--
heikki