Re: usb-serial oddie

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 13:26:01 +0200
Kees Schoenmakers <k.schoenmakers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Having an UST2009 dual serial port and try to use
> it I ran into an unexpected effect.
>
> Attached is a part of /var/log/debug  it starts at 09:30 when I inserted
> "usbserial" and "mos7720" both with debug enabled.
>
> in the attached debug-log file the driver does overrides for functions that
> the mos7720 driver clearly provides.

MOS7720 has no tiocmget method.

The driver has been broken for ages and nobody seems to care. Until
someone with the hardware cares it won't get fixed.

If you care then these need moving to be tiocmget/tiocmset methods and
testing as the ones there are bogus - the kernel never calls the ioctl
handler for those methods.

    /* FIXME: These should be using the mode methods */
        case TIOCMBIS:
        case TIOCMBIC:
        case TIOCMSET:
                dbg("%s (%d) TIOCMSET/TIOCMBIC/TIOCMSET",
                                        __func__, port->number);
                return set_modem_info(mos7720_port, cmd,
                                      (unsigned int __user *)arg);

        case TIOCMGET:
                dbg("%s (%d) TIOCMGET", __func__,  port->number);
                return get_modem_info(mos7720_port,
                                      (unsigned int __user *)arg);