Re: gadgetfs isn't sending interrupt messages

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009, Alan Stern wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jun 2009, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
>
> > FWIW, I also suspected some problems with interrupt requests when running
> > my PTP gadget usbfs application on a real hardware trying to talk to a
> > Windows machine running in VMware on a Linux PC. Even just opening an
> > interrupt endpoint over USBFS and keeping it open already sends empty
> > replies to interrupt requests to "real" hosts - Linux, Mac OS or Windows,
> > but I was getting timeouts with VMware. I didn't investigate it too much,
> > I just switched to real hardware and there everything worked as expected.
>
> I was going to suggest exactly the same thing.  It sounds like
> VirtualBox and VMware don't do a good job of forwarding interrupt URBs
> from the guest to the host.

OTOH, most other interrupt USB devices, like HID, network worked with
VMware, but, I think, I also had _one_ other "normal" USB device, that
used interrupt transfers, that also had problems with VMware, not sure
anymore though, maybe one of wireless dongles, or indeed the usb-eth
adapter.

Thanks
Guennadi
---