Writing to /sys/../power/autosuspend when not root.

We're working on getting brltty to run as an unprivileged user with just a few
required capabilities. We don't want one of those required capabilities to be
CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE (bypass file permission checks).

Some USB-connected braille devices don't respond very well to being
autosuspended. We get around this, when running as root, by writing to the
SYSFS power/autosuspend file associated with the device. Our problem is that
only the root user can write to it.

Other than using CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE (which we don't want to do), what other
way(s) might we be able to use to overcome this restriction? For example, is
there some kind of safe (enough) udev rule?

EMail: Dave@xxxxxxxxx  | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |