Re: new product/vendor ID for usb gadget

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 04:37:26PM +0530, Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're implementing a CDC-ECM (subset) device in s/w using gadget
> driver framework.
>
> Can we reuse the "Linux-USB Ethernet Gadget" product ID value (0xa4a1)
> or should we
> get one reserved with the USB Implementer's Forum?
>
> Regarding  the Vendor ID, I think we'll have to get one for ourselves
> anyways...right?

If you submit the driver for inclusion in the kernel tree, I can assign
you a vendor/product id from the range reserved for Linux.

If you don't want to do that, you have to get your own id, both product
and vendor, and you can not reuse the existing one, as that would not be
correct.

hope this helps,

greg k-h