Re: CDC ACM composite gadget serial not working between Linux and Windows?

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Daniel Ng<daniel.ng1234@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've found this comment in f_acm.c, 2.6.27:
>
>  * Note that even MS-Windows has some support for ACM.  However, that
>  * support is somewhat broken because when you use ACM in a composite
>  * device, having multiple interfaces confuses the poor OS.  It doesn't
>  * seem to understand CDC Union descriptors.  The new "association"
>  * descriptors (roughly equivalent to CDC Unions) may sometimes help.
>
> Does this mean I will not be able to successfully connect a Linux box
> to a Windows PC via the Linux box's CDC ACM composite gadget serial
> driver?

I do not know about the Linux CDC ACM composite gadget serial driver. But
you can get CDC-ACM Composite Device working under XP SP3 and Vista.
You need to use IAD (interface association descriptor).
http://www.microchip.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=336385
http://www.microchip.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=418885
http://www.cygnal.org/ubb/Forum9/HTML/001050.html

For XP SP2, you need two hot fixes from Microsoft.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918365/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935892/en-us

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com