RE: No message is showed after USB gadget has configured

> On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 09:03:59AM +0000, Peter Chen wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > >From commit 1cbfb8c4f62d ("usb: gadget: Quieten gadget config
> > >message"),
> > there is no any message from gadget side after it connects to host and
> > works correctly. Although we could cat "state" under
> > /sys/class/udc/$CONTROLLER/ to know its state, we can't easily know if
> > the gadget works or not from console, USB host could have many
> > messages after one device has connected, why we can't keep one for USB
> > gadget?
>
> Why not make "normal" USB devices quieter too? :)
>
> Surely you do not have tools that watch syslog to determine if a device is working
> properly or not, right?  That's what sysfs is for, not syslog entries.

Yes, we use our eyes during the hot plug test for device or count the number of
messages for it, with this change, it may cause difficult for hot plug test. For
other tests, we could judge sysfs before later tests.

Since this message in there many years, we (and tester) may need time to adapt for
this change.

Peter