Re: Reg: USB network interface is down after the reboot

Am Dienstag, den 14.01.2020, 10:40 +0530 schrieb RAJESH DASARI:

> Rajesh : If i assign the ip address to the usb0 interface then also
> interface is coming up and RUNNING bit is set.
>  We need to determine whether this is a kernel
> > issue or your setup in user space.
>
> Rajesh : If  i don't run ifconfig usb0 up or if i don't set the ip
> address it is running bit is not set. Is it the standard behaviour.
> Could you please tell me how to find out it is a user space issue or
> kernel issue.

Hi,

you have basically already answered the question. Your devices
are driven by cdc-ether. It cannot assign an IP. After you have
assigned an IP manually, your network is working. Hence the kernel
is fine. Your user space is misconfigured. You need to get help
from the people of whatever network configuration tool you distro
is using.

The USB list is not the place for such issues.

	HTH
		Oliver