Re: Reg: USB network interface is down after the reboot

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your reply, Please find my response inline.

Thanks,
Rajesh Dasari.

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 7:35 PM Oliver Neukum <oneukum@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, den 26.12.2019, 15:01 +0530 schrieb RAJESH DASARI:
> > Could someone please help, why the usb0 is down on Device A side and
> > it there is any known issue or is this  expected behaviour?
>
> Hi,
>
> the kernel cannot just set devices running. Does it work if you up
> the device (with "ip" or "ifconfig")?

Rajesh : if i make ifconfig usb0 up on device A side, device is coming
up and RUNNING bit is set,

Your device on side A has no
> IP. It cannot work.
Rajesh : If i assign the ip address to the usb0 interface then also
interface is coming up and RUNNING bit is set.
 We need to determine whether this is a kernel
> issue or your setup in user space.
Rajesh : If  i don't run ifconfig usb0 up or if i don't set the ip
address it is running bit is not set. Is it the standard behaviour.
Could you please tell me how to find out it is a user space issue or
kernel issue.