Re: Return of PENDING status to SCSI driver

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 08:20:10PM +0530, Ramya Desai wrote:
> > I can not post the code in public because of some limitations I have.
> >  But Still I am confused with return status (to SCSI layer) for the
> >  command while it is in progress, to get the next command. Is it some
> >  thing like PENDING?
>
> First command what I mean is some thing like READ(10) in general.
>
> I have taken only 10% the default mass storage driver to develop my
> custom driver as my device is entirely a new one. My driver and device
> both are capable of queuing the commands. But the problem is only with
> SCSI layer, which is not issuing next command (Like READ(10)) until
> the first one is done.

Did you change the maximum number of commands that the virtual HBA can
accept?  It's a field in the structure used when usb-storage registers
itself with the SCSI core...

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx