RE: Retracting All Current Patches to Sierra.c From Sierra Wireless for Now

> The patches merged together with the base changes planned for 2.6.31
> are
> available as a patch series here:
>
> 	http://zeniv.linux.org.uk/~alan/ttydev/
>
> I think the merge is sound but more eyes would be good.
>
> Alan

Hi Alan

[Prescript edit]
I see there has already been some correspondance in this matter today...
[\pse]

Thanks very much for taking the time to merge the patches. We applied them to the linux-next tree as it was on June 9th at approx. 8:00 PM UTC. We note problems with the second patch in the series of 3, consisting of:

1. tty-usb-sierra-resolve-merge
2. tty-usb-sierra-add-urb-funcs
3. tty-usb-sierra-blacklisting

When applying the patches in ascending order the second patch would not apply. We think the problem is that the linux-next version of sierra.c already had 4 of the last series of 8 patches applied to it and patch 2 from your quilt stack reproduces all 8 - running your second patch (add-urb...) would effectively apply the first 4 patches a second time. Not sure how you would like to proceed - we don't want to take more of your time so we'd suggest leaving patch 1 of your series and deleted the remaining 2. We can go through normal channels and see if we can get things cleaned up assuming your tty changes for all serial drivers are complete for now.

Regards

Rory Filer