AW: problems with Edgeport/416

> > (doing a "cat /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control | grep usb" helps
> much)
> >
> I see a bunch of messages. what do you expect me to do ? I have 412 lines,
> should
> i send them ?
>
>From the log of your kernel messages, it seems that uhci_hcd takes over the transport.
So you should do

echo -n 'module uhci_hcd =p' > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control
echo -n 'module usbcore =p' > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control

> I did not know about dynamic-debug, fortunately linux drivers simply work
> these days :)
Helps a bit to better understand what goes wrong.
If you look into dmesg after enabling the dyndeb messages, you should see much more than
USB connect messages.

But be aware that there are quite a lot of messages that appear in dmesg.
Best is to enable the dyndbg, then immediately plug in the device, and
after a few seconds (5 seconds or so) you should do a
dmesg > mylog.txt
Then you have the dmesg captured into the text file mylog.txt and you have time to check it.
Check for USB error messages in this file.

Best regards
Carsten